Legend has it that Rafiq Phillips was born online. A self-styled search-engine and online marketing guru, Rafiq has been in the internet industry almost since it existed in South Africa. Known to his friends as Rafiki the web addict, he cannot survive daily life without Muti.co.za, Wikipedia, TED.com and an arsenal of Google products.
When asked about his notable work characteristics (both good and bad), he replies: “Slow to finish and quick to start.” I interviewed him recently for a search marketing feature I did for ITWeb.
- Where do you come from?
- What are your dreams, hopes, ambitions?
- You have a big online profile. How did this happen?
- What have been the most important things you’ve learned along the way?
- What challenges have you overcome?
- Who’s your guru?
- What advice would you have to others who want to get into the game?
- How do you grow, learn, evolve, get better at what you do?
- What’s the best advice anyone ever gave you?
- Rafiq Phillips thinks, uses, loves…